Recently, we were asked why we have three CLPs…especially since a CLP is an all-in-one gun cleaner, lubricant and protectant.
Good question. And the answer is simple…because both metal and shooting conditions vary.
Let me explain:
We formulated the original QMaxx BLU gun oil for cleaning and protecting steel–shotguns, rifles, pistols and knife blades.
QMaxx BLU is thin enough to go deep into the pores of the metal to clean out any rust, corrosion or carbon. It also lays down a thin, durable and dry-to-touch lubricant. Finally, because QMaxx is heavier than water, it prevents moisture from rusting the steel…even in the cracks and fissures of the metal. Water can’t get near surfaces treated with QMaxx. It’s as if it repels water.
QMaxx Black Diamond
But not all gun metal is bare steel. The newer “black” guns have a coating of manganese phosphate. While it makes the metal less susceptible to rust, it’s also rough and very porous. There are lots of places for dirt, carbon and powder residue to collect.
QMaxx Black Diamond has the same great cleaning action as BLU. It gets deep into the pores of metal. And QMaxx Black Diamond is heavier than water, so no rust. That’s important since not all the parts of the inner workings of the action are coated with manganese phosphate.
So why not just use QMaxx BLU…right?
Wrong. Here’s the big difference: Remember the rough surface? It needs extra lubrication,
Black Diamond has NanoMaxxTM technology. It fills the tiny pores and crevices with microscopic diamond particles, which act like little ball bearings over any rough surfaces. So QMaxx Black Diamond delivers extra lubrication when it counts.
QMaxx Military Grade CLP
The military has strict standards and stringent requirements. They need an all-in-one gun oil that delivers long-lasting lubrication under heavy use and rigorous environmental conditions. And once you pass 22 performance metrics and tough field conditions, you are MIL-SPEC Certified.
If you want an all-in-one CLP that passes MIL-SPEC, then QMaxx Military Grade is the clear choice.
So that’s the long way of saying that:
- All QMaxx gun oils are all-in-one Cleaners, Lubricants and Protectants
- All QMaxx gun oils are durable and heavier than water–they prevent moisture from sitting on the surface of metal
- Every QMaxx gun oil is safe and effective for caring for your gun
- But each QMaxx gun oil is formulated for a specific metal and/or shooting condition
- QMaxx BLU: Developed for rifles, shotguns and pistols. Safe for factory-applied coatings such as bluing. Also good for cleaning and protecting black powder guns.
- QMaxx Black Diamond: Formulated for “black” guns with manganese phosphate coating. Provides extra lubrication in the form of tiny diamond particles. In fact, shotgun owners, if you use chokes a lot, spray a little Black Diamond on the threads for easy change outs.
- QMaxx Military Grade CLP: Designed to military specifications with extra viscosity and performance under extreme firing and environmental conditions.